November is an interesting month in terms of why we face challenges + tests as human beings.
Each month, a specific theme or stream of influence affects society in general + the life that populates it. You can observe patterns in the news, yourself, your family, your friends… if you’re observant and in the habit of studying things in terms of the Law of Cause + Effect.
At Energy Arts Alliance, we see amazingly common issues come up each month among our clients since we work weekly with a diverse set of people + organizations. Because these clients are actively working on living + evolving more consciously, they are like “early warning weather tracking systems” + tend to get affected by the theme of the month more than others who are less aware.
This month’s theme is all about tests, trials + eventually triumph. This theme comes from the influence of the constellation, Scorpio. This is not astrology as it is popularly known today. But according to the energy arts, the zodiac was originally created as a navigation map, as it were, to the natural path of human evolution that every single person is treading whether they know it or not. There is always an opportunity to become an active explorer + trekker on that path, + that’s where the energy arts come in. The energy arts provide a philosophy + framework, approach + path and practices + tools to consciously participate in this universal natural evolution process.
One of the most important energy arts to start to get to know is the 12 Energy Rhythms associated with the 12 constellations of the zodiac. So back to Scorpio. It is said that Scorpio offers the evolutionary traveler the opportunity to triumph through 9 tests: 3 physical, 3 emotional + 3 mental. These tests represent the battle of the “lower nature” + the “higher nature” [for all you Star Wars fans out there, think Luke Skywalker's confrontation with Darth Vader, who actually turns out to be himself in this test, in the swamp tunnel after meeting Yoda]. In Scorpio, a person can triumph over the lower nature + start consciously co-creating his or her evolution + contribution with their higher nature.
The 9 tests available in Scorpio are as follows:
1. Sexuality: Conscientious or evolved use of sex + balancing of the male + female aspects within yourself
2. Comfort: Conscientious or evolved use of material resources for action rather than laziness or apathy
3. Money: Conscientious or evolved use of money for contribution + progress rather than for selfish gain
4. Fear: The blocker of a person from their true nature + potential
5. Hatred: The blocker of right human relations, a necessary condition for evolution
6. Ambition|Misuse of power: A contributor to corruption + involution [or anti-progress]
7. Pride: The blocker of oneself from the full power of our higher nature, which is more wise + intuitive
8. Separativeness: A tendency towards isolation that blocks one from group work + consciousness, which is the work + evolution mode of our higher nature
9. Cruelty: It is said that mental cruelty is harsher than any other cruelty. The excessively critical mind destroys rather than builds.
The antidote to these tendencies + tests is Beingness. It’s a theme that keeps coming up repeatedly this month with our clients, even though they have vastly different natures, professions + goals. Beingness is a state of “being plugged in + synched up” with all the aspects of your whole nature with a sufficient balance of will-power + positive detachment, heart-wisdom, mind + intuition. Beingness is like the axis of you or the central connecting path – an unshakable alignment to your highest nature + your central truth that does not break or twist in the storms of our inevitable lower natures + the lower natures of others around us.
So observe yourself + those around you for the month of November up through the 21st each year + see if the themes of these 9 tests + beings emerge as patterns.